Grandstand is a social media management system (“SMMS”). The SMMS is a tool that enables companies and organizations, or Grandstand “Customers,” to process and manage publicly available information about their brand or conversations on social media.
This means that Grandstand aggregates and saves a record of publicly available information regarding your interactions on social media.
Grandstand proactively encourages each of its Customers to engage in privacy best practices. While Grandstand cannot guarantee that its Customers will abide by the best practices in user privacy, it does its best to ensure that all Customers is aware of those practices. Please review the Customers’ individual terms of service and privacy policies for information on their privacy practices.
Operations of the SMMS
The following are Grandstand’s general overview of operational practices:
When Grandstand collects your personal information, we give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we are collecting, how we will use it, and the types of third parties with whom may share it. This notice is located in this policy. Grandstand advises its Customers to provide similar notice to their unique customers and partners of their use of the Grandstand system.
Grandstand abides by the user settings choices made by content authors on their social media presence. Please recognize that Grandstand is a system used by Customers and, as such, we advise and encourage our Customers to take appropriate action with respect to their own privacy standards as it related to social media management.
Grandstand will only collect as much personal information as is public available through the social media APIs utilized, and we will not use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
Grandstand will keep your personal information up to, but not exceeding, 30 days. After which, only aggregate information will be available regarding the social conversation in which the content author engaged.
Grandstand will take appropriate steps to make sure your personal information in our records is accurate, as much as is within the power of Grandstand as a system used by its customers.
Grandstand will provide ways for you to access your personal information as quickly as possible, upon request, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies. Please use the address below to request access to your information.
Grandstand will take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all security breaches.
Except as described herein, Grandstand will not share your personal information with third parties without your consent.
Grandstand will regularly review how we are meeting these privacy promises, and we provide a way to resolve complaints about out privacy practices (see immediately below).
10. UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE
To access your information, ask questions about our privacy practices, or issue a complaint, contact us at:
Grandstand Privacy Compliance 641 S Street, NW Washington, DC 20001 firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our Privacy Policies for the Grandstand Platform, please read below.
Notice of COPPA Compliance
Grandstand’s privacy practices are guided by the United States' Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, as well as data privacy laws in the United States. Grandstand only collects publicly available information through social media platform APIs, requiring a minimum age of 13 years old within the United States. Grandstand is not accountable for the faulty veriﬁcation practices deployed by third party social channels.
If Grandstand learns that the information of a child under the age of 13 is stored within its platform, Grandstand will promptly notify Customer Representatives and delete any personal or proﬁle information that Grandstand has been used for.
Features of the Grandstand Platform
Grandstand allows its customers to manage the publicly available information users provide on social media. The use of Grandstand by its Customers aligns falls into 4 categories: Analytics, Audeince, Engagement, and Listening. The core capabilities and functionality that Grandstand provides its customers are outlined below - greater detail and more comprehensive list of features and functionality can be provided upon request:
1. Analytics features allow Customers to:
1. Analyze and report on brand or marketing strategy performance;
2. Associate posts with campaigns, keywords, and other variables for brand analysis;
3. Compare analytics across social channels, campaigns, and persistent searches;
4. Customize reporting across various KPIs such as engagement,reach, and activity; and
5. Export reporting to CSV ﬁle format.
2. Audience features allow Customers to:
1. Perform multi-channel, multi-function, and multi-division support for engagement, reporting, and monitoring;
2. Identify and proﬁle audience members that require routing for notiﬁcation or escalation based on issue type; and
3. Develop a holistic view of performance.
3. Engagement features allow Customers to:
1. Rely on multi-channel, multi-function, and multi-division support for engagement, reporting and monitoring across Facebook, Twitter,Instagram, and other social channels as they emerge and are addedto the Grandstand Channel portfolio;
2. Identify and proﬁle audience members that require routing for notiﬁcation or escalation based on issue type, sentiment, tone, pastengagement, and other custom variables;
3. Identify and proﬁle brand advocates and most popular authors;
4. Filter messages to identify and delete spam or profane content, andthe “spammers” propagating undesirable conversations and contentor those breaking the terms of service of their respective social media platforms or the Customer’s stated terms of service; and
5. Search, ﬁlter, and analyze audeince members and create rules toautomatically tag, segment, and proﬁle them.
4. Listening features also Customers to:
1. Perform keyword searches and search senders across social media platforms;
2. View the volume of conversation whenever users interact with the brand or brand focused conversation;
3. Export reporting to CSV ﬁle format.
Grandstand Customers use the platform to perform functions with the system as outlined above.
The Content Grandstand Customers can Index
Grandstand is a social media management system that lets brands and marketing managers, manage and measure social media content. A monitoring dashboard enables users to track keywords, trending conversations, and popular content authors.
Campaigns can be shared across the organization to improve operational efﬁciency. The intent of Grandstand is that the information that Grandstand is indexing can be found by anyone online using these social platforms.
Grandstand’s Customers user the Grandstand system to aggregate publicly available content on social media platforms. The includes, but is not limited to:
Grandstand does not circumvent any of your personal privacy settings on any of the platforms that it indexes content from. The Grandstand system is intended for use of the publicly available information. Grandstand does not bear responsibility for its Customers use of the platform.
How your Content is Used
Grandstand is a social media management system deployed and used primarily to research and report on strategic marketing communications plans. We require that users abide by the policies of third-party websites, such as Facebook and Twitter, as well as comply with all applicable laws and regulation, including, but not limited to, privacy laws and regulations.
The Grandstand system allows customers to monitor engagements of users who interact with the Customer through publicly available content. We require that users abide by the policies of third-party websites, such as Facebook and Twitter, as well as comply with all applicable laws and regulation, including, but not limited to, privacy laws and regulations.
Accessing your information stored on Grandstand
You have the right, upon written request, to access the publicly available information that Grandstand processes that relates to you. If such content is found, Grandstand will inform you about such content (limited by others’ privacy interests or legal rights), how it is being used and other information as required under applicable law. This obligation is relation to content that is directly held by Grandstand, not in any information that is held by its Customers and not by Grandstand.
To make a request, please send a letter or an email to Grandstand Privacy Compliance. Please include the following information in your request:
1. Your Name;
2. Your contact information, including phone number, address and email; and
3. The precise nature of your request.
Such requests can be send to email@example.com.